Saturday, November 29, 2014

Weaving Away



  Years ago I tried to incorporate weaving into my jewellery. I shared the shop in Cowichan Bay with friend and fabulous weaver Jane Stafford who set me up with an inkle loom and taught me how to use it. I enjoyed the weaving but found it too fine and too intense after a full day of jewellery making and shop keeping. Last winter it was brutally cold here in Thunder Bay and I was looking for something to do inside so decided to try inkle weaving again. Many ribbons later here is what I am doing.

Arbutus and dark teal handwoven silk ribbon with sterling silver adjustable clasp - hessonite garnet and freshwater pearls ends.



 Magenta, black and navy handwoven silk ribbon with sterling silver adjustable clasp and ends.


 Handwoven silk ribbon and pearl necklace - hand knotted freshwater pearls and lemon quartz.


 Handwoven silk ribbon with freshwater pearls and tourmalated quartz beads - hand knotted.






No comments:

Post a Comment